There are some ways to view inside the virtual Softgrid / App-V bubble.
1. First method is by editing the .OSD file, inside the <DEPENDENCY> tag add:
<SCRIPT EVENT="LAUNCH" TIMING="PRE" PROTECT="TRUE" WAIT="TRUE" TIMEOUT="">
2. Second way by using
sfttray (starting from AppV version 4.5 you can use this method):
- Get the ApplicationName:
- sftmime /query obj:app /short -> gives you a list of all Softgrid applications on your client
Or use the AppV Console (sftcmc.msc) instead, to get your applicationName and version.
- Launch a DOS Box in the bubble:
- sfttray /exe cmd.exe /launch “applicationName Version”
- sfttray /EXE cmd.exe /launch “Notepad++ 5.4.2” -> launches a command prompt in the bubble
- sfttray /exe cmd.exe /launch “SnagIt 22.214.171.124”
This way we can leave our OSD’s in production untouched!
2 thoughts on “Softgrid/App-V: Inside the bubble”
Pingback: App-V 5 Inside the bubble (AKA break into the Virtual Environment) | 33KB available high memory
Pingback: App-V 5 Inside the bubble (AKA break into the Virtual Environment) – 33KB AVAILABLE HIGH MEMORY
Comments are closed.